Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Bubble and Squeak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The potatoes bubble in the pan and the cabbage squeaks while cooking, so of course, this classic go-along with roots all over the United Kingdom has earned its unusual name. Bubble and Squeak is a great side dish for corned beef for St. Patrick's Day or any day.
What You'll Need
- 5 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender; drain in a colander and allow potatoes to sit in the colander.
- In the same soup pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Return potatoes to the pot. Add the cabbage, water, and salt, and cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"