Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cheddar Potato Latkes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love hash browns. If it were up to us, we'd make sure we had a hash brown recipe at every meal! Well, we could just make plenty of Cheddar Potato Latkes, and we'd be all set. Adding some Cheddar cheese to a potato recipe really just makes for one of our all-time favorite combinations. It's comfort food at its finest... and we just can't get enough!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (about 1-1/2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, egg, cheese, scallions, sour cream, and salt; mix well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add oil, and swirl to coat pan.
- Drop potato mixture evenly into hot oil in batches. Cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until golden; spray tops with cooking spray when turning over. Serve warm.
Serve up these potato pancakes as a side dish, snack, or appetizer - their cheesy flavor is sure to please even the pickiest eater. Use applesauce and/or sour cream for traditional topping options.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .