Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The smell is heavenly and the taste -- even better! Our Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes are a beautiful accompaniment to almost any main dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Arrange potatoes and scallions in an 8-inch square microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent. Microwave on HIGH 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Coat a 2-cup microwave-safe glass measuring cup with cooking spray; add butter. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until butter melts. Stir in flour, salt, and red pepper. Add milk; stir until smooth. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring halfway through with a wire whisk. Stir in cheese; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and scallions; stir. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Here's a quick spinach recipe that goes well with the scalloped potatoes: In a large skillet, saute 2 minced garlic cloves in butter 30 seconds. Add 2 (10-ounce) packages of fresh spinach, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Saute 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach wilts, and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!