Easy Au Gratin Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 15 Min
Try our Easy Au Gratin Potatoes for a rich and hearty potato bake that'll pair perfectly with any main course, on any occasion. Serve this traditional favorite at your Easter get together, or on a weeknight when you need something creamy and comforting. Don't be afraid to make a double batch so there are plenty of second helpings to go around; everyone at the dinner table will be glad you did!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 Russet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup cheddar cheese, the flour, milk, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange half the potato slices in the baking dish. Pour half the cheese mixture over potatoes. Arrange remaining potatoes in baking dish, and pour remaining cheese mixture over potatoes. Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven, stir gently, cover, and return to oven 20 additional minutes. Uncover potatoes and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Return to oven to bake 5 to 8 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- Want to add a little more seasoning? No problem! Think of these as a blank canvas that you can add your own personality to. Maybe one time swap out the Italian seasoning for a Tex-Mex blend…you get the idea.
- Potatoes are great in any form! Some of our favorite potato recipes include our Drive 'Em Wild Potatoes, our Sliced Red Potatoes, and our Classic Mashed Potatoes!
- For more hearty side dish recipes, try our Country Corn Casserole or our Creamy Corn-Broccoli Bake.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 350
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 52 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 13g 26 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 596mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.3g 21 %
- Sugars 4.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!