Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Easy Baked Risotto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here at Mr. Food we love Risotto and this Easy Baked Risotto goes down so nicely. With delicious flavor and smile-inducing ease, this dish will have to be filed among your favorites!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked Arborio rice (see Note)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add onion, and saute until tender. Add rice; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in Italian seasoning and remaining ingredients.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Arborio rice is the rice of choice when making risotto. This Italian-grown rice is shorter and plumper than most short-grain rice, and because of its high starch content, it yields risotto's creamy texture when cooked. Arborio rice is sold in most supermarkets, but you can also substitute long- or whole-grain rice for Arborio.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!