Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Garlic Baked "Smashed" Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Smashing! I mean what you do to these and how they taste. Now, because they're baked, there's no water to boil. So they're not only garlic-delicious, they're easy, too!
What You'll Need
- 10 medium-sized red-skinned potatoes (about 3 pounds), washed and pierced with a fork
- 1 small onion, unpeeled, cut in half crosswise
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
- Place the potatoes and the onion cut sides down on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Add the garlic to the baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, salt, and pepper and heat over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes; do not boil.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and remove the onion from the skin; discard the skin. Place the potatoes, onion, and garlic in a large bowl and "smash" with a potato masher or a fork. Add the milk mixture and continue to "smash". Mix well and serve.
I don't mind lumpy mashed potatoes. I guess that's because my mother made them that way! But if you prefer a smoother version, just beat them with an electric beater instead of a potato masher.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!