Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
German Potato Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
In Germany, potato dumplings are known as "Kartoffel Kloesse" and are a favorite side dish for many families. Our version of German Potato Dumplings may use a shortcut, but they still deliver the traditional, slightly-sweet and buttery taste that makes them popular.
What You'll Need
- 6 cups water
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups warm mashed potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
What to Do
- In a soup pot, bring the water and broth to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except the butter and onion; mix well.
- Carefully drop half the batter by 1/4 cup into the broth and boil for 7 to 8 minutes, or until firm. Remove with a slotted spoon to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt butter and saute onion until golden. Add dumplings to skillet and saute 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden on both sides.
Wanna know an easy way to make the dumplings? Use an ice cream scoop to drop the batter into the boiling liquid.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.