Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Lone Star Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We gave this recipe a little Southwestern flair by adding some Texas-inspired ingredients. Our Lone Star Rice is the perfect change-of-pace side dish to go with any of your favorite main dishes, like chicken or steak.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; sauté rice and garlic until rice is slightly browned.
- Add broth, cumin, and oregano and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in beans and remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir in picante sauce and scallions and serve.
- If you prefer, instead of the kidney beans you can use pinto or black beans, or even black-eyed peas.
- Be sure to check out even more tasty rice dishes like this in our FREE eCookbook, Red Carpet Rice Dishes: 28 Easy Rice Recipes for Everyone.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.