Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mama's Old-Fashioned Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
From generation to generation some holiday traditions never waver. That's why our Mama's Old-Fashioned Stuffing will be a welcome addition to your holiday table. Made with fresh ingredients and market shortcuts, it's a cinch to recreate childhood memories.
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 4 stalks)
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion (about 2 small onions)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14-ounce) package cubed herb-seasoned stuffing mix (8 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, onions, and carrots, and sauté until light golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine eggs, stuffing mix, water, salt, and pepper; mix until well blended and stuffing is soft. Add vegetable mixture to stuffing mixture; mix well and place in baking dish.
- Bake about 1-1/4 hours, or until golden.
If you'd like to add some new stuffing recipes to your repetoire, here are some others you can try: Cranberry Nut Stuffing and Holiday Sausage Stuffing. We can't decide which we like best, so we often serve two!
I find it easier to use a food processor than to finely chop the veggies by hand.
- If you're looking for more great holiday side dishes like this one, check out our FREE eCookbook, Thanksgiving Side Dishes: 35 Family-Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Sides.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!