Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mashed Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mashed potatoes always offer stick-to-your-ribs comfort, and our Mashed Potato Casserole is a new twist on a family favorite side dish recipe. This potato casserole is extra-rich and creamy thanks to the addition of cream cheese. Your spuds will never be duds if you make 'em this way!
This creamy and tasty mashed potato casserole recipe is ideal for a simple appetizer. Make it with a pork roast or bring it to your next potluck.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a soup pot, add just enough water to cover them, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat potatoes and cream cheese until smooth. Add onion, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper, and continue to beat until well blended. Spoon into casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes, sprinkle with French-fried onions, and cook 5 to 10 more minutes or until heated through and golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 433
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 20g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.8g 20 %
- Cholesterol 104mg 35 %
- Sodium 855mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 56g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.5g 30 %
- Sugars 4.9g 0 %