Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a little crunch to your meal in an unexpected way with our recipe for Peanutty Rice. You'll be surprised to find out how appealing the combination of peanuts and rice really is!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts (see Options)
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and peanuts. Saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion and pepper are soft.
- Add chicken broth, water, sesame oil, salt, and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Add rice; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 to 10 minutes, until water is absorbed.
Try cashews, almonds, or pistachios (my favorites) in place of the peanuts...or mix and match 'em.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!