Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Ask anyone - there's nothing like homemade, hand-cut french fries. In fact, that's how they're made in many upscale restaurants. With our recipe for Pommes Frites (that's French for "french fries") you can chow down on great-tasting french fries anytime you want.
What You'll Need
- 5 large baking potatoes with skin on, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch sticks
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
What to Do
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Add ice and let sit 30 minutes.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Make sure the pot is not filled more than 1/3 with oil.
- Drain potatoes and place on paper towels; pat dry. Carefully place potatoes in oil and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender, turning occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove fries to a paper towel-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The ice water makes the french fries crisp when cooked!