Quick Parmesan Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need to whip up a side dish recipe in a flash? Our Quick Parmesan Couscous recipe will be ready in no time! Using just a few simple ingredients with easy-to-prepare instructions, you'll complete your dinner menu with a flourish. Dinner is always so much more impressive when you've got some homemade sides to accompany the main course. This couscous recipe will give you just that!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package plain couscous, uncooked (see note)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- Bring chicken broth and butter to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and remaining ingredients. Fluff couscous with a fork. Serve immediately.
Couscous is a tiny pasta made from coarsely ground semolina wheat. It makes a great alternative to rice, and cooks almost instantly. Look for it in the rice section of your supermarket.