Rice 'n' Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe is an all-time favorite in Howard's house. That's because it's a family recipe that has been passed down for years. Rice 'n' Pasta is an easy way to serve two of your favorites at once!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons butter; add onion and saute until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in skillet and brown spaghetti over medium-low heat. (Be careful--it browns quickly.) Remove pan from heat and return onions to pan. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Return skillet to heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 more minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 397
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 8.3g 17 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 897mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.