Roasted Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We could almost guarantee that you've never had mashed potatoes quite like this before. Boy, the seasonings and little extras in here really make this a special dish!
What You'll Need
- 6 red potatoes (about 2 ½ pounds total), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large soup pot and add just enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add roasted peppers, tomato, garlic, sugar, and Italian seasoning; saute 5 minutes then set aside.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add milk, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Beat with an electric beater on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add onion mixture to potatoes and stir until well blended. Serve immediately.
If you'd rather make this a bit before serving time, put it in a covered casserole dish and keep warm in a 300 degrees F. oven until ready to serve.