Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Santa Fe Rice Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Planning a Tex-Mex feast? Here's a side dish that'll add extra flavor and color to your plate. Our Santa Fe Rice Salad has a little bit of everything, including beans, corn, bell peppers, and yummy spices!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cooled cooked rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 1-1/2 cups kernels) (see Note)
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, beans, corn kernels, and onion.
- In another small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over rice mixture; mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend. Stir before serving.
To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.