Shrimp Fried Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now you can make Shrimp Fried Rice, a famous -- and famously delectable -- Chinese take-out dish, right at home. And when your friends and family try it, they'll think you ordered from the most authentic Chinese restaurant in town!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add rice, and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit 5 to 7 minutes, or until broth has been absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, or until heated through and liquid is absorbed. Serve immediately.
Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.