Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Skillet Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Break the habit of simply baking sweet potatoes, by trying our tasty recipe for Skillet Sweet Potatoes. This tangy, yet sweet "change of pace" side dish is sure to win you lots of compliments.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and salt. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice and flour; mix well and pour over the potatoes. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.
Sometimes we like to add more butter and sauté the potato slices in batches to get them nice and brown before covering and cooking until tender.
- Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!