Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Southwest Rice Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a bit of color and crunch to any meal with our simple Southwest Rice Salad recipe. Using flavors commonly found in the southwestern part of the country, this rice salad has a bit more "pop" than your average rice salad recipe. And if you've never made rice salad before, boy are you missing out! Making a great addition to a family dinner or the perfect potluck dish, this recipe sure is versatile.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth), cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, hot pepper sauce, garlic, salt, and white pepper; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients, and toss lightly.
- Makes about 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 162
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 217mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 1.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.