Swedish Mashed Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I knew a very good Swedish cook who always made these for her family. If they're good enough for her family, you betcha they're good enough for us!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk, butter, salt, cumin, and onion powder. As soon as mixture comes to a boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the potato flakes; mix until smooth.
- Add the parsley and egg and mix again until smooth.
- Form mixture into 8 equal-sized patties. Brush both sides with the oil and place on a large nonstick cookie sheet that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking.
Makes 8 pancakes.
Try making the patties half the size directed in the recipe and they'll be perfect for snacks or hors d'oeuvres.