Whipped Potatoes Surprise
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This out-of-the-ordinary version of creamy mashed potatoes has a lot of pluses added in to make it special. Try our Whipped Potatoes Surprise as a tasty alternative to plain mashed potatoes, and savor the difference.
What You'll Need
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 3 pounds)
- 6 medium-sized parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes, parsnips, onions, and garlic in a soup pot and add enough water to cover. Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and cook 18 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, salt, and pepper, and beat 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy.
It's no problem making Whipped Potatoes Surprise a day or two before serving. Just keep it ready in the fridge so all you have to do is heat in the microwave for a few minutes before mealtime.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.