Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Your Own Potato Skins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No need to dine out to enjoy these...Your Own Potato Skins can be made so easily right at home!
What You'll Need
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes and pierce skins with a fork. Microwave 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and hollow out each half with a spoon, leaving some potato around the edges. Save remaining potato pulp for another use.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Rub potatoes with the mixture and place on a 9- x 13-inch baking sheet.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until potato edges are crispy and brown.
The potato skin is only the beginning! Top these with your favorite fillings...try chili, sour cream, applesauce, melted cheese, or even Chicken a la King. The possibilities are endless. And don't forget...true potato skin lovers even eat them plain.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 155
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 1.2g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.9g 4 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 216mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 1.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.