Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Zesty Garbanzo Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Call them garbanzo beans, call them chickpeas. Either way, our healthy Zesty Garbanzo beans make for a hot â€™nâ€™ hearty or chilled main-dish go-along.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 (15- to 19-ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil then sauté garlic until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining ingredients; cook 15 to 20 minutes then serve immediately (see Note).
If you prefer, you can serve this as a cold side dish.
This is a terrific side dish with almost anything, especially Mediterranean dishes like Quick-and-Easy Gyros.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 184
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 0.4g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.3g 17 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 660mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g 23 %
- Sugars 2.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)