Fiesta Rice Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are so many similar side dish recipes out there, it can be hard to find one that stands apart. Don't worry, we've got you covered with this 20-minute easy Fiesta Rice Skillet! The black beans and fresh salsa give it a bold flavor that'll get the fiesta started in your mouth. The great thing about this side dish is that you can serve it up with a roasted chicken or for taco Tuesday. No matter how you eat it, you just can't go wrong.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Stir in onion and cook 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and continue to cook until rice begins to brown. Add chicken broth; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in black beans, corn, salsa, and cumin; cook another 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cilantro and serve.
So Many Options:
- When it comes to the rice, we think a dish like this is best with a long grain white rice, however, if you want a bit more flavor, try making this with Jasmine or Basmati rice.
- This is the perfect side to go with our Royal Roasted Chicken or this Balsamic Flank Steak.
- Rice is super versatile. If you like it as a side dish, you'll love it as a dessert. Check out Our Best Rice Pudding Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 252
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 0.6g 3 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.7g 13 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 702mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.9g 16 %
- Sugars 3.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!