Apricot Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Day-old bread becomes brand new comfort food when we bake up this melt-in-your-mouth recipe for apricot bread pudding. Serve it with some piping hot coffee and unwind in style!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1 pound) loaf day-old Italian bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss together bread pieces and water, soaking bread.
In a small bowl, beat eggs, then stir in heavy cream. Add to soaked bread along with apricots, vanilla, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon; stir until well combined. Place in prepared baking dish.
Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until puffy and firm in center.
- In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and brandy, stirring until smooth. After removing finished pudding from oven, while still warm, top with apricot glaze.
This should be served warm, so, if not serving it right from the oven, cool, cover, and store in the refrigerator. Just before serving, cover and reheat the pudding in a 300 degree oven about 15 minutes, then top with the glaze.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 333
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 6.3g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 88mg 29 %
- Sodium 530mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.