Classic Rice Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Rice pudding is one of those comfort foods that just soothes the soul; that's why it's a favorite all around the world! Our recipe for Classic Rice Pudding is a back-to-basics dessert that will thrill you with its light vanilla flavor and creamy taste. You won't want to miss having a taste of this internationally loved and totally easy pudding recipe!
What You'll Need
- 8 cups (1/2 gallon) milk
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine milk, rice, egg yolks, and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened and the rice is tender, stirring frequently to keep the rice from sticking.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and allow to cool slightly. Spoon into a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes, and chill 2 to 3 hours. Serve or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
For a Finishing Touch!
- Add a little extra wow” to this by topping each serving with a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Man is this good!!
- Looking for a new way to change up this old fashioned rice pudding recipe? Check out our collection of some of Our Best Rice Pudding Recipes or check out more favorites in our free eCookbook, The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Plus, check out our fantastic collection of Pudding Mix Desserts!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 303
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 89mg 30 %
- Sodium 118mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The novel tang of prepared horseradish adds a flavorful spark to this comforting brisket recipe. Whether for a make-ahead, welcoming, weeknight supper or for a company meal, the result is always juicy, tender, and tasty.