The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone will love this easy recipe for an all-time favorite. Creme Caramel takes desserts from ordinary to extraordinary!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a small nonstick skillet, stir 1/2 cup sugar over medium heat until completely melted and caramel-colored, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Immediately pour melted sugar into a 9-inch glass pie plate, coating bottom of plate. (Be careful when working with the heated sugar; it is very hot.)
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine milk with remaining 1/4 cup sugar then beat into the egg mixture. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place pie plate into a pan of hot water, with water going about halfway up sides of pie plate. Bake 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 20 minutes then cover and chill 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Right before serving, invert custard onto a 10" to 12" rimmed serving plate, so that the caramel sauce doesn't run off the plate.
Be careful when inverting the pie plate. The best way is to place the serving plate upside down over the top of the pie pan and, holding the two together tightly, turn them over quickly. Then slowly remove the pie plate.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.