The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Everyone's Favorite Dirt Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They’re fun to make, tasty, and adorably picture-perfect! So with Spring upon us, we couldn’t resist sharing a new version of these classic dirt cups. The chocolate layers are so creamy and satisfying that not only will the edible gummy worms want to dig in, so will you.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (22-ounce) container refrigerated chocolate pudding, divided
- 1 (10.1-ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 6 clear plastic cups
- 1 (4-ounce) package candy gummy worms for garnish
- 6 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until and confectioners’ sugar until no lumps remain. Fold in whipped topping; then stir in 1 cup chocolate pudding until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble dirt cups, place 2 tablespoons of cookie crumbs in bottom of cups. Layer with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture, 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs, and a gummy worm. Layer 2 more times with cream cheese mixture and cookie crumbs. Top with 2 spoonfuls of chocolate pudding, and a sprinkle of cookie crumbs. Garnish with gummy worms and a sprig of mint. Serve, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
We like to make these in the plastic cups and when it comes to time to serve these, simply insert them in the clay pots that you can find in the garden section of your local hardware store. Talk about a fun family favorite.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!