The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Old-Fashioned Steamed Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just what is mincemeat? The modern-day version is a combo of spices, nuts, and chopped fruits. The flavor is old-fashioned but our Old-Fashioned Steamed Pudding recipe fits our today tastes to a 'T'.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20-1/2-ounce) container mincemeat with rum and brandy
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
What to Do
- Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan or tube pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, milk, and eggs until well combined. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Fill a large soup pot halfway with hot water and place the pan in the pot. Cover and cook over medium heat for 2-1/2 hours. Remove pan from pot and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Uncover and invert pudding onto a serving platter. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.
This is great served as is, but if you wanna kick it up a notch, serve it with our elegant Easy Rum Sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 529
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31g 48 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 59 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 7.0g 14 %
- Cholesterol 104mg 35 %
- Sodium 353mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %