The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whip up an elegant dessert in just minutes with our recipe for Strawberry Trifle. This simple fruit trifle is great for a spring brunch event, afternoon treat, or anytime you're craving classic flavors.
What You'll Need
- 1 fresh or frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced and sugared to taste (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (an 8-ounce container equals 3-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
What to Do
Cut pound cake into 8 or 10 slices. Arrange half slices in a 2-quart glass serving bowl, cutting pieces to fit bowl.
Prepare pudding according to package directions.
Spoon half strawberries over cake; spread with 1 cup pudding. Repeat with remaining cake slices, strawberries, and pudding.
Cover; chill at least 4 hours. Spread whipped topping over trifle, sprinkle with slivered almonds, and garnish with fresh strawberries.
If you loved this strawberry dessert, be sure to check out our recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)