The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Yam Banana Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For a different take on a sweet dessert, we added sweet potatoes to create Yam Banana Pudding. It's just as tasty, and perfect for incorporating fruits and veggies into our dessert.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup mashed banana (ripe is best)
- 2 cups peeled, cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (or about 2 17-oz. cans)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients, except egg whites, in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; fold them into banana mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish and bake for 1-1/4 hours or until golden.
- Serve hot or cold topped with whipped cream or topping, if desired.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 298
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 7.7g 15 %
- Cholesterol 152mg 51 %
- Sodium 236mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.9g 16 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!