Blue Ribbon Strawberry Jam
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 2 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
When strawberries are in season, make the most of it by canning and making your own batch of Blue Ribbon Strawberry Jam. We promise it'll be satisfying when you smear some homemade jam on your morning toast!
What You'll Need
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and quartered
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring all ingredients to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until strawberries have cooked down and mixture has thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place in an airtight container or mason jar and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- If you start with really sweet strawberries, you can decrease the amount of sugar to between 2 and 2-1/2 cups, if you want.
- Making your own jam can be very satisfying, as well as delicious! We suggest you try our Blueberry Patch Jam, too!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!