Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Kentucky bourbon is the secret ingredient in this classic southern barbecue sauce. Check it out and see if you can taste the richness that the bourbon adds.
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; boil for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Serve warm.
- Discard any leftover sauce that has come in contact with raw meat or other foods.
- Any leftover sauce that hasn’t come in contact with raw foods should be allowed to cool before covering and storing in the refrigerator.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!