We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 3/4 cups
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr
Chock-full of vegetables and fruit, this versatile Sicilian eggplant dish is hearty and healthy. We like to serve our Caponata recipe as a dip with crusty bread or as a relish with fish or meat.
What You'll Need
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Rome apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely choppedely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- Place eggplant in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and toss with salt. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes; gently toss with olive oil.
- Stir together eggplant and remaining ingredients, except vinegar, in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours or on LOW setting 6 hours, or until apples are tender. Stir in vinegar. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.