We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 3/4 cups
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr
Chock-full of vegetables and fruit, this versatile Sicilian eggplant dish is hearty and healthy. We like to serve our Caponata recipe as a dip with crusty bread or as a relish with fish or meat.
What You'll Need
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Rome apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely choppedely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- Place eggplant in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and toss with salt. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes; gently toss with olive oil.
- Stir together eggplant and remaining ingredients, except vinegar, in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours or on LOW setting 6 hours, or until apples are tender. Stir in vinegar. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .