Classic Pan Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Homemade gravy for the holidays is a must! And our easy holiday recipe for Classic Pan Gravy, will beat store-bought by a mile. Drizzle this one over your turkey and creamy mashed potatoes with pride.
What You'll Need
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
What to Do
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
- Pour the 1/2 cup fat into a saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Skim off and discard any additional fat from the drippings in the measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour drippings mixture into saucepan and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- To give the gravy a rich color, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce.
- For gravy tips and recipes, click here.
- Nutrition information for this recipe is not provided as individual results will vary based on the amount of each ingredient used..
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!