Classic Pan Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Homemade gravy for the holidays is a must! And our easy holiday recipe for Classic Pan Gravy, will beat store-bought by a mile. Drizzle this one over your turkey and creamy mashed potatoes with pride.
What You'll Need
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
What to Do
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
- Pour the 1/2 cup fat into a saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Skim off and discard any additional fat from the drippings in the measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour drippings mixture into saucepan and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- To give the gravy a rich color, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce.
- For gravy tips and recipes, click here.
- Nutrition information for this recipe is not provided as individual results will vary based on the amount of each ingredient used..
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The novel tang of prepared horseradish adds a flavorful spark to this comforting brisket recipe. Whether for a make-ahead, welcoming, weeknight supper or for a company meal, the result is always juicy, tender, and tasty.