Darn Good Corn Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh and cut off the cob or flash-frozen, corn makes a great base for this goes-with-everything relish. Our Darn Good Corn Salad is an all-American favorite recipe that's sure to be the hit of your next party, picnic or company dinner. Made with in season, super affordable, and fresh ingredients, this amazing corn recipe will be your favorite summer-fresh way to eat your veggies!
What You'll Need
- 8 ears fresh corn, husked (see Options)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Fill a soup pot about half-full with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add corn, cover loosely, and return to a boil. Remove pot from heat and let stand 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Carefully drain and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, salt, sugar, basil, and cayenne pepper, if desired; mix well.
With a chef knife or corn stripper, cut kernels off cobs and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, and scallions. Pour dressing over vegetables and mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
So Many Options
- If corn is not in season, no problem! Simply substitute 2 pounds of frozen, thawed, and drained corn for the fresh.
- Looking for more delicious corn recipes? Try our Easy Corn Fritters, our Country Corn Casserole, or our delicious Easy Corn Pudding! And if you're looking for a corn recipe with a little zest, don't miss our Mexican Street Corn.
- When spring and summer come around, we can't get enough of those fresh veggies. But what's the best way to prepare them all? Check out our free eCoobook, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes for fantastic corn recipes and more!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!