Fiesta Marinara Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yes, sirree...this is one of my favorite examples of cross-cultural cooking. I love the full, fresh flavor of Italian red sauce combined with the zest of Mexican red sauces.
What You'll Need
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) tomato purée
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes about 4 cups.
Serve over pasta and top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese for a real "south of the border" pasta fiesta.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!