We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some say salsa is the basis of good Mexican-style cooking. Well, sure it is! We dip into salsa, top with it...we even cook with it! See? Basics are important. You've gotta give this Homemade Salsa a shot.
What You'll Need
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 a medium-sized green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 jalapeño peppers, stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour to allow flavors to "marry" before serving.
Makes about 4 cups salsa.
You can make this as mild or hot as you want. For a hotter salsa, add 1 or 2 more chopped jalapeño peppers.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!