Lemon Barbecue Marinade
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As we travel the South, every state - practically every city - claims to have its own variation on a barbecue marinade/basting sauce. They're all so good! I can't put my finger on exactly where this variation on a lemon-based sauce comes from, but it sure is tasty with pork and beef.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until well blended. Use as a marinade for your favorite fish or poultry. Allow it to marinate at least 30 minutes, then bake, broil, grill, or barbecue as desired, reserving the excess marinade.
- In a small saucepan, bring the marinade to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes, then serve as a sauce over the fish or poultry.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
You can always add more hot pepper sauce, if you want it spicy.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!