Mushroom Onion Stout Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stout gravy is popular in the UK, where it's served over traditional dishes like "bangers & mash" or boxty. But, you can serve our Mushroom Onion Stout Gravy over everything from crispy chicken and grilled chicken to mashed potatoes and root veggies. It's so rich and flavorful, you'll want to try it over everything!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can stout beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until thickened.
This is just the gravy to serve with our recipe for Boxty!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.