Mushroom Onion Stout Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stout gravy is popular in the UK, where it's served over traditional dishes like "bangers & mash" or boxty. But, you can serve our Mushroom Onion Stout Gravy over everything from crispy chicken and grilled chicken to mashed potatoes and root veggies. It's so rich and flavorful, you'll want to try it over everything!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can stout beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until thickened.
This is just the gravy to serve with our recipe for Boxty!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!