Mushroom Onion Stout Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stout gravy is popular in the UK, where it's served over traditional dishes like "bangers & mash" or boxty. But, you can serve our Mushroom Onion Stout Gravy over everything from crispy chicken and grilled chicken to mashed potatoes and root veggies. It's so rich and flavorful, you'll want to try it over everything!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can stout beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until thickened.
This is just the gravy to serve with our recipe for Boxty!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!