We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thereâ€™s no better topping for steak, chicken or burgers than this mushroom trio! Surprisingly easy to make, it teams white, Portobello and shiitake mushrooms with just the right flavorings to create the most decadent topping.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and black pepper, and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, or until sauce thickens.
Mushrooms pair well with everything, and this hearty trio is no exception! Try 'em topping steaks, chops, or even burgers for a burst of flavor.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.