We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet 'n' spicy Pepper Jelly is definitely one of our favorites when we're craving something a little different. It has the perfect balance of sugar and jalapeno pepper to send 'em all raving!
What You'll Need
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, chopped
- 14 fresh jalapeño peppers (about pound total), stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 (6-ounce) package liquid pectin (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon green food color (optional)
What to Do
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients except the pectin and food color. Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pectin then return the mixture to a boil, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and strain, discarding the pepper pieces. Place in a large bowl and add the food color, if desired; mix until well blended.
- Pour into airtight containers, cover, and allow to jell at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Makes about 6 cups.
Liquid pectin can be found in the supermarket produce or baking section, or near the jellies and jams. This can be stored in the refrigerator for several months.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!