Portobello Mushroom Gravy
- 4 1/2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Want to add an extra bit of excitement to your homemade holiday gravy boat? Well, give our easy recipe for Portobello Mushroom Gravy a try. This change of pace from traditional holiday gravy, is sure to win you loads of thanks!
What You'll Need
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chicken broth
What to Do
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
- Pour the 1/2 cup fat into a large saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, saute chopped mushrooms in butter until browned.
- Skim off and discard any additional fat from the turkey pan drippings in the measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour drippings mixture into saucepan, stir in sauteed mushrooms, and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
Read NextHomemade Beef Gravy