Portobello Mushroom Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to add an extra bit of excitement to your homemade holiday gravy boat? Well, give our easy recipe for Portobello Mushroom Gravy a try. This change of pace from traditional holiday gravy, is sure to win you loads of thanks!
What You'll Need
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chicken broth
What to Do
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
- Pour the 1/2 cup fat into a large saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, saute chopped mushrooms in butter until browned.
- Skim off and discard any additional fat from the turkey pan drippings in the measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour drippings mixture into saucepan, stir in sauteed mushrooms, and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!