We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds to a faraway place with our flavor-packed Portuguese Sauce. This old world tasting sauce is new world easy, with our tasty recipe.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil; sauté onion over medium heat just until softened. Add tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, red pepper, and sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in olives and parsley and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Makes 2-1/2 cups
Serve with steak, fish, or chicken.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.0g 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.0mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!