Red Chili Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 2 cups sauce
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Make a double batch of this Red Chili Sauce, 'cause this will last for weeks in your refrigerator if you cover it tightly (if it isn't gobbled up sooner, that is)!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients; blend until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
This is a great sauce for enchiladas and if you keep some on hand, then you can use it instead of the enchilada sauce in Chicken Enchiladas, or as a taco or fajita topping.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!