Three Pepper Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Betcha your gravy never tasted this sassy before! It's easy to take a regular pan gravy and make it a "wow" gravy. Try our Three-Pepper Gravy to see for yourself.
What You'll Need
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon sliced jalapeno peppers
What to Do
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
- Pour the 1/2 cup fat into a saucepan and whisk in 1/2 cup flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Skim off and discard any additional fat from the drippings in the measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour drippings mixture into saucepan, stir in black pepper, hot pepper sauce, and jalapeno peppers, and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
Makes about 4 cups gravy.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!