Tomato Red Relish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh-tasting ruby-red tomatoes taste like a garden in summer, in this simple, yet awesome Tomato Red Relish. Try it and you'll relish the tasty flavors.
What You'll Need
- 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise, then squeeze gently to remove the juice and seeds; cut the tomatoes into cubes. Place the cubes in a medium-sized bowl and add the remaining ingredients; stir until well mixed.
- May be served immediately, but better after chilling, covered, overnight or up to 1 week.
- Makes 3 cups.
I think this tastes best at room temperature, so if serving after being chilled, try letting it come to room temperature before using. (It should take 15 to 20 minutes.)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.