Homemade House Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Great salad dressing is "on the house" with this recipe. You're sure to impress your family and company with our easy yet flavor-packed Homemade House Dressing.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 scallion (green onion), chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
What to Do
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and chill until ready to use.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
The sun-dried tomatoes make this seem fancy. If you want to make it more robust, try adding some garlic. And if you want it a bit lighter, use low-fat cheeses. Don’t have any buttermilk? Use sour cream or yogurt instead. Make it truly your own “house special” dressing!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).