Homemade House Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Great salad dressing is "on the house" with this recipe. You're sure to impress your family and company with our easy yet flavor-packed Homemade House Dressing.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 scallion (green onion), chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
What to Do
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and chill until ready to use.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
The sun-dried tomatoes make this seem fancy. If you want to make it more robust, try adding some garlic. And if you want it a bit lighter, use low-fat cheeses. Don’t have any buttermilk? Use sour cream or yogurt instead. Make it truly your own “house special” dressing!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.