Light Caesar Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
By substituting just a couple of light items in this recipe for the usual high-fat ones, we get all the great gusto of Caesar dressing, but with a lot less fat.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth and creamy. Use immediately or store in refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use.
Makes about 2 cups.
Toss with your favorite salad greens or make a quick and light Caesar salad by tossing this dressing with torn romaine lettuce and croutons. (And you can make some quick croutons by cutting day-old bread into 1-inch cubes, tossing with some garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, and toasting in a 300 degree F. oven until golden brown.)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!