Baked Stuffed Tuna Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For a unique take on traditional tuna salad sandwiches, try our Baked Stuffed Tuna Sandwiches. Make 'em with one big bread loaf that you stuff before heating then just slice and serve. It couldn't be easier to make a bunch of sandwiches at once!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) can chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 scallion (green onion), thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) loaf rye or pumpernickel bread, unsliced (see Options)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread; mix well and set aside.
- Make 11 crosswise cuts in the bread at even intervals, cutting to within 1/4 inch of the bottom of the loaf and making sure not to cut all the way through. Fill spaces between every other cut with equal amounts of tuna mixture.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Unwrap, slice completely through unfilled cuts, and serve warm.
This can be made with either long or round pumpernickel bread, or with rye, seven-grain, or any other whole firm loaf.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!